Day 01: Arrive NJP / Bagdogra – Dooars
On arrival at NJP railway station or Bagdogra airport meet with our representative and leave for Dooars. On arrival, check into the bungalow. Evening is free for leisure. An overnight stay at bungalow.
Day 02: Damdim Tea Residency (Follow the Trail of Tea)
After breakfast, we will visit the Damdim tea estate.Damdim is a large tea estate located in the foothills of the Himalayas in North Bengal. A place where you can experience for your self the journey from tea Bush to cup. The tea trail at Damdim is not just an adventure to understand and appreciate your chosen beverage better,it is in fact are spite from the trial sand tribulations of today’s stress.
Wend your way through tea scenic Dooars to reach the colonial “Damdim Residency” • A quick comfort break followed by a snack and a cup of tea “as fresh as your thinking” Start your journey tracing the beginnings of the cup that cheers.
The first stop is the VP (Vegetative Propagation) Nursery, where it all begins. See how a “cutting” of a single leaf and a bud grows into a tea plant. Also see the pepper cuttings and the shade trees being carefully tended till ready to be transplanted in the field.
Next, visit the Seedbari, where you can see the matured tea trees that are 25-30 feet high. Seeing tea trees like this is a very rare sight indeed.
- Visit a plucking site and observe the synchronous hands of a seasoned plucker selectively pick the correct two leaves and a bud… try your hands at it.
- Drive past the large areas of newly planted Young Tea..the circle of rejuvenation by replacing the old and Moribund bushes with the latest clones.
- Having covered the field side move on to the factory and witness first hand how the tender green tea leaves are converted to tea as we know it. Each step of manufacture from Withering to CTC, Fermenting Drying and sorting will be explained by an expert.
- Sip and Savour the manner in which tea is assessed and rated for its Appearance, Infusion and Liquor.
- Finally visit a World class Packaging facility where the finest of teas are blended and packed into the “seen on shelf packets” we buy for our daily consumption.
Rupees 600 per person inclusive of all taxes (if bringing your own vehicle)
Additional Rs 100 per person if we provide our vehicle within the garden)
The price includes: Tea and snacks, Bottle of mineral water, Cost of guide, Take away packets of tea souvenir.
Enjoy the lunch at tea estate with lots of folk stories. The oldest part of the tea garden is date back to 1927 and prior to 1963. It was owned by British.
Later, return back to the bungalow. An overnight stay at the bungalow.
Day 03: Gorumara Jungle safari and Dooars local sightseeing:
Early morning visit Gorumara forest . After breakfast visit Samsing, Suntaleykhola, Rocky Island & Night stay at Lataguri hotel.
Day 04: Local sightseeing of Dooars:
After breakfast enjoy day trip to Jhalong,Bindu, Jaldhaka,Murti , Khunia and Overnight stay at Lataguri hotel.
Day 05 :Jaldapara Forest Safari, Jayanti, Rajabhatkhawa,Buxa Tour:
Check out Lataguri and enjoy jungle Jeep Safari or Elephant ride at Jaldapara forest. After breakfast visit Jayanti, Buxa, Rajabhatkhawa & Chota mahakal temple. Night stay in Hotel / Resort at Jaldapara.
Day 06: Jaldapara – Bagdogra / NJP
Early morning breakfast.Check Out and Transfer to Bagdogra / NJP to connect with onward destination.